Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Takedowns's Staff Application

Takedowns

Thread starter #1
Minecraft username ~ My current IGN is Takedowns.

Previous Minecraft usernames? https://namemc.com/profile/Takedowns.4

Discord Username ~Takedowns#9650

Date of the last time you applied for staff? (If not applicable put N/A)~
The last time I was on the staff team at PvPingMC was around October 2016. I have not applied since the revamp and would love to come back!

Timezone and Country? ~ GMT-8, Pacific Standard Time in the United States of America

Date of birth, Age? ~ 08/24/2002 ; 17

Do you have access to Discord, and a working microphone? ~ Yes, and I use it every day

Do you have the ability to record? ~ Yes, at 4k 60fps

Do you have a screenshotting software such as Gyazo or Lightshot? ~ Yes

Why do you want to be a helper on PvPingMC? ~
I want to be a helper on PvPingMC once again to live out my days of being staff before I go away for college and have it be on the server where I remember the most. This player base has always been really, really touching to me and I want to make sure that I can contribute back what it has done to me. With this coronavirus situation popping up, I believe that I can contribute time and effort into the server that I would call satisfactory, and I would love to do it as a helper. Being a helper also has provided me with tons of new friendships that I have met up with IRL and I’m going to be meeting up with many of them after my schooling is done, and I would love to be back to where I was almost 4 years ago.

What do you believe that you can contribute to the network? ~
I know that I can contribute my bright and outgoing attitude that is always good to have and I also have an extremely good knowledge of the server! I can contribute myself to any project needed by management or the administration team, and I will put my fullest efforts behind it!

What helps to keep you most motivated within a staff team? ~
Something that always keeps me motivated with a staff team of any size is knowing how much I can contribute to a player's experience on the server. On most servers, if I were to ask a question in chat, it would most likely be answered by a player, not by a staff member. If I were to be active in chat, this would greatly affect a player's experience by always having a member of authority online to help out with whatever they need to be done. I know the feeling of having no one online to help and having to sit in discord waiting rooms for hours on end to receive support and this will not happen with me as a staff member.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? ~
I believe you should accept me as staff because I have many skills that I believe the staff team could benefit from. A big thing for me when being on any staff team is being close, fun, and no drama. When I was first there we all promoted the same behavior being close like a family, but now, it is just about dictatorship and grouping. I want to bring my same qualities of bonding and further enhancing our cooperation and teamwork over to this server. As I have stated before I have immense knowledge of handling things as a staff member, as I have been given that chance on almost every server I was staff on. I know how to handle a situation I do not have permission to do. I would keep the player calm and try to get information about the incident out of him, so I could explain the situation to a higher staff that had the permissions and/or knew how to handle it. That being said I know how to handle just about everyone. DDoS Threateners, Dox Threateners, and overall salty people, People that are just being flat out a bug, I can handle them. I have learned to handle mass groups in the past. I will put my 110% effort into this server. I hope that you will take that into consideration when thinking about if I deserve to be denied or accepted.

Passion: I believe my passion and drive towards goals on and off the network could be very useful for the staff team. It can show that you can do your job to the best of your ability and still keep on having "fun" while staffing. I feel as if people apply for staff for the "fame", "power" or "respect". Even though the staff does deserve respect, you don't get respect if you don't put your full effort into your job.

Maturity: I believe that maturity in a staff team is very important. Being mature is more than just manners, it is giving respect to my peers. Even though my age may show otherwise, I believe that I can handle the most toxic people, and show them respect.

Communication: Being a staff member requires communication, now some applicants don't always have good communication with other staff members. For example, if I am going to be gone for a week because of a vacation I need to be sure to let the admins know as this may result in a demotion. Good communication skills can also come from providing proof in bans/mutes and keeping tabs/healthy relationships within the staff team.

How active can you be on the server? (Estimate Schedule on a Weekly Basis) ~
I believe that I can contribute upwards of 30 hours a week, with the exception of breaks and other household duties I may have to perform. I also am very close to closing in on a soccer scholarship to a local university, so I may have to take trips down there every so often.

Have you had any previous experience in any type of moderation? If So, Explain. ~

Server: HavinMC
Demoted / Resigned: Resigned (Server shut down)
HavinMC was a relatively small server with about 15-20 people playing at the peak. I was platform admin, which had access to console, buycraft, and world-edit. I learned the basics of all these programs and used them on a daily basis. The server after about a month shut down due to a lack of funds to keep the server host up.

Server: PvPingMC
Playerbase: 300 to 1.1-1.2k
Demoted/Resigned: Resigned AND Demoted.
PvPingMC was a multi-variable server that included the game-modes "Skyblock" and "factions". It ran an average of 500-1000 players at its height during my starting months of staff. This was a big step in my staff career as I met many amazing people and still play today with them. I was promoted to a helper on October 18th, 2016 and over the course of 10 months, I developed new and strong abilities. I started as a helper and worked my butt off all the way to Admin. I worked very hard to be active, help out, and run developments/rests and I think that my time there was very beneficial toward my application now. I learned about how communication is key and beneficial to a staff team and I improved my ways on how I communicate with staff and other members. I learned how to do the position and how to treat everything and everyone with the same respect and kindness you do to your friend or another staff member. Whilst I was staff I learned to complete screen-shares so at any time on this staff team I am capable of conducting one. In all my time there was very fulfilling and I learned a lot of valuable lessons I think I could use and better on this team. During my time at this server, the server was going downhill and took a turn for the worst when the Head-Admin stopped caring for the staff team. I was demoted for reasons I will gladly share in a PM, but not on my application.

Server: VeltPvP
Playerbase: 500 to 5.6k
Demoted/Resigned: Demoted
This by far was my biggest staff experience ever. I learned how to FULLY screenshare, and also to deal with high levels of pressure in little amounts of time. When Velt's anti-cheat was non-existent, we were forced to do high player count mass moves and expected to deal with them in a matter of minutes. I ended up getting demoted for "inactivity", but it was a false demotion in my eyes as I told the Sr. Admin that I was going to be gone.

Server: UniverseMC
Playerbase: 150-1k
Demoted/Resigned: Resigned
UniverseMC was a server similar to PvPingMC where it had a multitude of game modes that varied from factions to skyblock and prisons. I learned a lot about handling specific factions players and coming up with rules. The server is still around today, and I would say that I have made some lifelong friends there that I have met up with IRL.

If you were in a situation where you weren't sure what to do, how would you handle it as a helper? ~
If I were in a situation where I wasn’t too sure what to do, I would first follow up with any of the corresponding documents to see if I could control the situation. If I couldn’t follow the situation, I would follow the chain of command to the next higher up staff member to ask for advice or if they could handle the issue as soon as possible or await further instruction. If I was the only staff member online, and the issue was urgent enough to contact the owner or an administrator, I would have no problem doing so.

Minecraft Experience/knowledge? (Years) ~
I have had my minecraft account for around 4 years, since I have had it since 2015.

Do you fully understand the concept to our Network? If so, could you be able to provide players with useful information when required?(as well as typical Minecraft knowledge)? ~
I 100% understand the concept of the network and the goal you are trying to obtain. This was one of my all time favorite servers regardless of previous management decisions and old players. I really loved skyblock, and I would love to get back into the swing of things with a twist of my style!

Does this application meet the 800 word minimum requirement? (https://wordcounter.net/) ~
Yes!

Anything else you would like us to know. If so, Say it here! ~
Keeping this limited to character restraints but would love to get to know you!

Last edited:

Noah

Clean looking application. I love the elaboration put into this as well as attention to error (grammar.) Also had previous experience as an administrator here showing he has good knowledge of the server and is ready to help others. Good luck!

Takedowns

Thread starter #5
Clean looking application. I love the elaboration put into this as well as attention to error (grammar.) Also had previous experience as an administrator here showing he has good knowledge of the server and is ready to help others. Good luck!
Application looks good and lots of detail. Best of luck!
Thank you! Appreciate it a lot!

The application looks good with few grammatical errors. +1
Thank you for the positive response, mind telling me where so I can fix it? I have gone over it a few times with multiple checkers and it did not detect anything. Appreciate it!