Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Staff Application FairySimp (EU)

FairySimp

Thread starter #1
Minecraft username ~ FairySimp

Previous Minecraft usernames? Check on https://namemc.com/ ~ https://namemc.com/profile/FairySimp.1

Discord Username (Must include the tag, Ex #0000) ~ FairySimp#2123

Date of the last time you applied for staff? (If not applicable put N/A) ~ N/A

Timezone and Country? ~ CET Country: Belgium

Age, and Date of birth (Minimum age requirement is 14) ~ 17, 7 march 2003

Do you have access to Discord, and a working microphone? ~ i do, even got that pop filter xD

Do you have the ability to record? ~ yes i use OBS

Do you have a screenshotting software such as Gyazo or Lightshot? ~ I do but i mostly use the snipping tool

Server(s) (Realms) you prefer to be on? (If more than one please put the most preferred first) ~ Skyblock

Where are you most active on our network? (Server (Which gamemode?), Forums, Discord - Which do you prefer over the other?) ~ Skyblock

Why do you want to be a JrMod on PVPing? ~ I think i could do a great job at helping people and add a great staff member, i see the server still needs some staff. i played back when noah was owner i really put my life into the server at that point and i feel i can create the chance again.

What do you believe that you can contribute to the network? ~ I think i can add this certain value to the server and spread my kindness and love arround. contribute doesnt really fit my description since i really put my time in things where i am good at and i feel like this is where i need to be. One big thing i would like to add is the lack of respect i sometimes see this is a issue on every server and i want pvping to be the one with the most respect this is something i will be working on a ton. Staying calm in situations or being serious is where my skills are i am a really good at knowing how people are and feel. I think having past experience is really needed to have a role as staff on the server since you know what to do in certain situations.
i will never lie to a player i would rather say "please ask one of my colleagues" or "let me find this out for you" being honest is key, people are interested in getting the right answer as quick as possible and as polite as possible i think i could do a great job here with the experience from my past staff rank and my job in real life skills.

Do you have any skill set or experience that you believe could help out the staff team as well as the network? (Than documentation, event making, building, coding, configuration, etc) ~ I am an all-rounder i can do configs, events, documents, payments issues, coding (stil have to get in further). And learning something would always be a +. I am sure i am capable in many other things the server needs.

What helps to keep you most motivated within a staff team? ~ The comunity and the love you get after helping a player in need of a solid well formed and kind answer. A stable server that keeps improving every second, its online player count rises aswell as our joy. Keeping the server online is also a great motivation. Happy faces make Happy places!

Why should we choose you over other applicants? ~ I have skills that the others may not have, not learned yet that i can provide for the server. My personality has always been the same but i still keep on improving my weak points. I have had experience before this is what benefits me over other applicants. I can speak 3 different languages (Dutch, French, English, German is still one that i will have master soon) and will learn a few more this is important for players who cant speak/understand English or other languages.

Have you had any previous experience in any type of moderation or leadership? If So, Explain ~ I have been owner of a couple servers to test out aswell as manage some things i needed to know. before i played on pvping i was mod on the server Shaded.gg its was a really popular server with 800+ people online at eve's sadly the owner choose to close the server. I have learned many things, the most challenging one was where i had to put emotions aside and investigate a ban appeal considering a very good friend. At the time i was staff on shaded i wasn't very old but what really impressed me is how much i could learn even if i was this young and couldn't understand everything. The experience will help me handle ban appeals, buycraft issues, questions and many other things very well. I learned to be professional at a young age and i am lucky to have this skill. The main languages here in Belgium are Dutch, French and a little German i have learned to speak English through that staff experience,i am on my way to extend more of my capabilities.

If you were in a situation where you weren't sure what to do, how would you handle it as a JrMod? ~ I would ask a fellow staff member that has experience on that subject if none of the staff is online at a point i will do everything in my power to go look for information myself and do the best i can.

Do you have any hobbies or activities outside of Minecraft? ~ I work at one of the biggest super markets (part time) in Belgium and i have a passion for football and cycling.

How active can you be on the server? (Estimate Schedule on a Weekly Basis) ~ 7 hours on weekdays and about 10-12 hours on weekends if i do not work on saturdays i would say a solid 40-65 hours a week (i always can do more when free). If asked to come online at some point i will.

Are there any possibilities that your schedule is about to change (Than vacations, school/work-related, etc)? ~ Yes i always go on vacation for about 3 weeks in June or July i always will do my best to book a room with wifi to be online at the end of the day to anwer questions and help on the server.

Minecraft Experience/knowledge? (Years) ~ 5 years on pc and started on ipad since release. so pretty much a alpha tester.

Do you fully understand the concept of our Network? If so, could you be able to provide players with useful information when required? (As well as typical Minecraft knowledge)? ~ This wont be a problem at any point. This is what i apply for. I know all basic and expert knowledge of the game i always will dig for more information when there is something new.

Does this application meet the 1000 word minimum requirement (This includes the format)? (https://wordcounter.net/) ~ It does at this point i am at a 1000+

Anything else you would like us to know. If so, Say it here! ~ I will start of by saying people who do a bad thing deserve a second chance (depending on situation). I am sure my skills can provide the right fit for the server aswell as my happiness and kindness i bring to the server. Everyone still has alot to learn and i think i do to, pvping would be a great place to extend my
experience. Helping people is something i wanted to do for a long time and this would make me verry happy. A rank is just a color and this does not change how you are i will in any form keep respecting others. I would want to thank you for taking your time to read the application i am sure you are busy so i am here to help! Have a nice day.

Kind Regards
Niels AKA FairySimp
18 march 2020
9:50 AM

Last edited:

Noah

When counting the word requirement, the questions do not count. Please remove them from the word count and add them onto your application accordingly.
I noticed some grammatical issues within this such as capital I if it's by itself, happiness > happyness. There are also some sentences that do not make total sense

i will never lie to a player i would rather say 'please ask one of my colleagues' or 'let me find this out for you'

Use quotation marks. "

and kind anwer.
Change anwer to answer.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? ~ I think everyone is unique but has the same rigth so this will be a choice you will have to make. the only thing that i could add over the others are my skills and passion for the server.

This isn't where you say "it's up to you to choose." Of course it is, someone has to read over your application and deem it acceptable. This part of the application is where you get to shine. This is where you get to convince them "hey! I should be a part of this server because I am awesome in all ways!"

Have you had any previous experience in any type of moderation or leadership? If So, Explain ~ I have been owner of a couple servers to test out aswell as manage some things i needed to know. before i played on pvping i was mod on the server Shaded.gg its was a really popular server with 800+ people online at eve's sadly the owner choose to close the server.
Explain what you did on Shaded, what did you learn there? How did you overcome your most challenging trial? How will this experience transfer over to PvPing?

"A rank is just a color and this does not change how you are i will in any form keep respecting others."
I understand what you are trying to say, just word it properly.

These are a few errors I noticed, fix these and good luck.

FairySimp

Thread starter #5
When counting the word requirement, the questions do not count. Please remove them from the word count and add them onto your application accordingly.
I noticed some grammatical issues within this such as capital I if it's by itself, happiness > happyness. There are also some sentences that do not make total sense

i will never lie to a player i would rather say 'please ask one of my colleagues' or 'let me find this out for you'
Use quotation marks. "

and kind anwer.
Change anwer to answer.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? ~ I think everyone is unique but has the same rigth so this will be a choice you will have to make. the only thing that i could add over the others are my skills and passion for the server.

This isn't where you say "it's up to you to choose." Of course it is, someone has to read over your application and deem it acceptable. This part of the application is where you get to shine. This is where you get to convince them "hey! I should be a part of this server because I am awesome in all ways!"

Have you had any previous experience in any type of moderation or leadership? If So, Explain ~ I have been owner of a couple servers to test out aswell as manage some things i needed to know. before i played on pvping i was mod on the server Shaded.gg its was a really popular server with 800+ people online at eve's sadly the owner choose to close the server.
Explain what you did on Shaded, what did you learn there? How did you overcome your most challenging trial? How will this experience transfer over to PvPing?

"A rank is just a color and this does not change how you are i will in any form keep respecting others."

Thank you for these awesome tips i will go ahead and correct the answers.

FairySimp

Thread starter #6

Use quotation marks. "

and kind anwer.
Change anwer to answer.

The application has been corrected. Thank you for putting your time into reading and giving feedback on my application!
English isn't my main language i am lucky to have poeple like you who can correct me where i am wrong.

Much Love

Kind Regards
FairySimp

Noah

The application has been corrected. Thank you for putting your time into reading and giving feedback on my application!
English isn't my main language i am lucky to have poeple like you who can correct me where i am wrong.

Much Love

Kind Regards
FairySimp
If you ever need to, feel free to use websites such as Grammarly, they will also help you in this. Good luck.