Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

BigBadDropping's Staff Application

Thread starter #1
Minecraft username ~ BigBadDropping

Previous Minecraft usernames? Check on https://namemc.com/ ~
-SuperZombie20 (old)
-Brainzeez
-superzombie50
-Dropping_You
-BigBadDropping
-SamHidensDaddy
-BigBadDropping (new)

Discord Username ~ Dropping_You#5498

Date of the last time you applied for staff? (If not applicable put N/A)~ N/A

Timezone and Country? ~ PST, United States

Date of birth, Age? ~ 1/6/2004, 15

Do you have access to Discord, and a working microphone? ~ Yes I have access to both discord and a microphone.

Do you have the ability to record? ~ Yes I can screen record on my computer.

Do you have a screenshotting software such as Gyazo or Lightshot? ~ Yes I can take screenshots on my computer.

Why do you want to be helper on PvPingMC? ~
The reason I am applying for staff is because of how magnificent the server was. PvPingMC had one of the finest staff teams I have seen. Their staff members were by far some of the nicest I have ever met. Not only did they welcome new players, but they also chatted with players in chat and were active members of the community. They worked around the clock the keep the server running smoothly and constantly endeavored to be better at what they already did so well. I heard many great comments about the staff team from previous staff members and I am enthusiastic to possibly become part of it. The skyblock experience I had when I used to play the old PvPingMC was by far the best one I have had yet. Everything about this server was perfect. For example, the well monitored chat, the nice players, the excellent staff, etc. Now that the server has reset, I hope I can become part of the staff team that kept this server so great for so many years.

What do you believe that you can contribute to the network? ~
I can help in many ways such as monitoring chat and helping new players. I will keep chat clean of any harassing, unkind, racist, sexist, and inappropriate comments/language. I will decrease the amount of spam, but most importantly keep the PvPingMC community positive and welcoming. I want all new players to feel like they are welcomed and guided through their beginning experience on such a great server like PvPingMC. In addition, when I am online and playing on skyblock, I rarely see staff members. Therefore, I think my time zone would be suited to help monitor the server. If I were to be part of the PvPingMC staff team, it would allow greater staff presence over more time zones, and thus help out players who do not play in the same time zone as current staff members.

What helps to keep you most motivated within a staff team? ~
I think just the thought of being staff will keep me motivated. It is a honor to be selected as a staff member out of so many applicants and I truly believe that one should live up to the expectations of being staff. Another thing that will keep me motivated is the activity on the server. There are always new players that need help and a never ending amount of ways I could help out people no matter if they are old or new players.

Why should we choose you over others applicants? ~
There are three main reasons I think I should be accepted as a staff member. The first reason is because I have an endless amount of patience. I am patient with players and enjoy helping others. An example of this occurred when I was browsing the forums of another server. A player didn’t know how to connect to the server and I patiently explained to him/her. After an extensive explanation, I found out he had not purchased a Minecraft account. This whole process took almost twenty minutes. In this case many players would have gave up or simply ignored his/her requests for help, but I stopped and explained to him/her.

Another trait that makes me qualified to be a staff member is that I know what hard work is. Being staff on a server is a commitment and requires dedication to keep the server running smoothly. I have many examples of where I dedicated hours of time into one thing. Currently, I play the viola in orchestra. On the viola, I have accomplished many things. The most notable achievement would be making the All-State Orchestra. I was one of only 14 in the entire state to be selected to play in this orchestra. In addition to All-State I play in my cities youth orchestra and am currently in their flagship orchestra. In order to make the flagship orchestra, I had to practice up to four hours a day for two months. Other achievements include being accepted into district wide orchestras and other programs. In addition to music I also do sports. I swim on a swim team and also my school's swim team. As a freshman, I made my schools Junior Varsity team in a 4a school and represented my school in the county meet.

The final reason that makes me qualified to be on the staff team is that I have great time management skills. Due to the many activities I participate in, I have to prioritize which things I have to get done first. This allowed me to also maintain a 4.0 gpa in school while taking all honors classes along with an AP class during my freshman year. Over the summer I also participated in a work study program where I worked 6 hours a day for a month. Even though this took up most of my day, I still had other things to take care of and was on a tight schedule. However, I still managed to take care of everything.

How active can you be on the server? (Estimate Schedule on a Weekly Basis) ~
Activity on the server will be based on how busy I am with school. I will usually be on for about a hour after school (4-5pm) and then be on and off for the rest of the night. This will be my schedule for the whole week. On weekends' I might be on less due to classes I need to attend. However, I should be able to play around 2 hours a day and 10-15 hours a week.

Have you had any previous experience in any type of moderation? If So, Explain. ~
I have done minor moderation on some Minecraft servers. They weren't that large and it was only for a short period of time due to the server closing.

If you were in a situation where you weren't sure what to do, how would you handle it as a helper? ~
During a situation where I am not sure of what to do, I would contact a mod or admin via discord and do my best to solve the situation. If it was an argument between players, I would try to calm down the people arguing, but also record if there are any racist/inappropriate comments being made. However, if the situation involved a hacker, I would immediately record it so it can be reviewed by other staff members.

Minecraft Experience/knowledge? (Years) ~
I have been playing Minecraft since May 26, 2014. It has been a good five years and I have played all types of servers. They include Mineplex, Hypixel, CosmicPvP factions, ComsicPvP prisons, PvpingMC Skyblock, CosmicPvP Skyblock, etc.

Do you fully understand the concept to our Network? If so, could you be able to provide players with useful information when required?(as well as typical Minecraft knowledge)? ~
Yes, I understand the basics of Minecraft, but if I forget how to do something, I'll google it and try to answer the question to the best of my ability.

Does this application meet the 800 word minimum requirement? (https://wordcounter.net/) ~ 1,302 words 7,115 characters

Anything else you would like us to know. If so, Say it here! ~ I hope I can be part of the staff team! Thanks to whoever reads this! :D