Rules | PvPingMC
We aim to keep our network a safe and welcoming environment for all players. Because of this, we have a few simple rules we require you to follow to ensure you interact with others respectfully.
We believe that both competitive and cooperative players should have an interesting and exciting experience on our server. We encourage a healthy competitive environment but never allow disrespect or abuse.
By playing on our network, you agree to these rules, so make sure you are aware of them. By following these simple rules, you can help create a better community on PvPingMC!
Why do we have this rule?
We aim for PvPingMC to be a fun, welcoming, and friendly environment for all players to play on. We encourage players to cooperate and compete, but our community must remain a positive environment, so this healthy competition should never lead to disrespecting or abusing other players.
To put it simply, we expect you to treat others the way they wish to be treated. Our community is a great way to talk to others, discover new friends, and have fun while in games, so we must maintain a positive environment to keep it that way.
What do we mean by player respect?
Player respect means that players should not create negative experiences for others. Behavior that is not allowed includes but is not limited to:
- Discrimination - negative comments related to skin color, gender, mental or physical health conditions, or other personal or identity qualities (do not treat others differently based on their identity)
- Inappropriate usernames, builds, or items
- Overuse of bad language, especially in public chat channels
- Trolling other players
- Insulting other players in any way
- Encouraging violence or hatred towards other players
- Falsifying information about other players
- Sharing another player’s personal information without their consent
- Spamming - Repetitive posting of messages in a short period of time (especially advertisements)
- Intentionally avoiding the chat filter
- Talking about self-harm or other deeply negative experiences
- Harassment of content creators
- Discussion of inappropriate topics
How do I log in after an inappropriate username ban?
If your account was found to have an inappropriate username, you will not be able to log onto the server until you have changed your username to something appropriate. If you believe there has been a mistake with an inappropriate name punishment, please do contact our staff team via our Discord Community (navigate to #create-tickets and create a ticket to work with our staff team).
Because you can only change your username every 30 days, it's important that your new username is appropriate. If you have any confusion or concern over whether a new username is appropriate, you can feel free to ask staff in a support ticket using the previously mentioned process.
Why do we have this rule?
To be able to provide a positive experience for all players, we disallow all hacks, cheats, macros, and other behaviors that are used to gain an unfair advantage.
This means no matter where you are on the server, regardless of the reason, game modifications, cheats, or exploits that give an unfair advantage to gameplay are not allowed under any circumstances.
What is an unfair advantage?
By "unfair advantage", we refer to any of the following disruptions:
- Team Griefing
- Disallowed Modifications
- Boosting game progress through illegitimate methods
- Evading competitive bans
This is an incomplete list: cheating methods are always changing, and we are allowed to ban users at our discretion for categories of cheating not included here if necessary.
What modifications are allowed?
Modifications that are allowed are cosmetic mods that show limited amounts of additional information or mods that cannot otherwise give an unfair in-game advantage.
We allow the following categories of modifications:
- Client performance improvement mods / FPS improvement mods
- Aesthetic modifications / shaders mods
- Armor and Effect Status HUD mods
- Brightness and gamma adjustment mods
For more information, please read our article on Allowed Modifications and Clients.
Found an exploit or vulnerability?
If you have found an exploit or bug, it is critical that you report it responsibly to management so we can fix it quickly. Failing to immediately report a bug or issue can lead to strict punishments, including a permanent blacklist. Abuse of more serious security issues may constitute a federal crime.
To responsibly disclose a bug or exploit, please join our Discord Communtity, navigate to the #create-tickets channel, create a report ticket, and state that you are reporting a bug/exploit and wait until a Manager gives you the okay to disclose it.